A museum for Gergovia
The Archaeological Museum of the Battle of Gergovia opened its doors in October 2019, on the plateau of Gergovie, at the eastern end of the old Arverne oppidum.
Under the status of association law 1901, the museum of Gergovia is carried by Mond’Arverne Community, initiator of the project, with the support of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Region, Europe, the Department of Puy-de-Dôme, of the State, of Clermont Auvergne Métropole and of Inrap.
The museum of Gergovia is today one of the important stages of a discovery itinerary of Gallic archeology in France, including in particular the national archeology museum of Saint-Germain-en-Laye, the museum of Bibracte and the MuséoParc Alesia.
The permanent team of the museum currently has 11 people.